Definition of farewell:
- A wish of happiness or welfare at parting; the parting compliment; a good- by; adieu.
- Act of departure; leave- taking; a last look at, or reference to something.
- Go well; good- by; adieu; - originally applied to a person departing, but by custom now applied both to those who depart and those who remain. It is often separated by the pronoun; as, fare you well.
- Parting; valedictory; final; as, a farewell discourse; his farewell bow.
- "Madame Roland, Makers of History", John S. C. Abbott.
- "Berenice", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- "When Valmond Came to Pontiac, Complete", Gilbert Parker Last Updated: March 15, 2009.