Definition of bow :
1. A rude sort of quadrant formerly used for taking the sun's altitude at sea.
2. A weapon made of a strip of wood, or other elastic material, with a cord connecting the two ends, by means of which an arrow is propelled.
3. An appliance consisting of an elastic rod, with a number of horse hairs stretched from end to end of it, used in playing on a stringed instrument.
4. An arcograph.
5. An inclination of the head, or a bending of the body, in token of reverence, respect, civility, or submission; an obeisance; as, a bow of deep humility.
6. An ornamental knot, with projecting loops, formed by doubling a ribbon or string.
7. Any instrument consisting of an elastic rod, with ends connected by a string, employed for giving reciprocating motion to a drill, or for preparing and arranging the hair, fur, etc., used by hatters.
8. Anything bent, or in the form of a curve, as the rainbow.
9. One who rows in the forward part of a boat; the bow oar.
10. The bending or rounded part of a ship forward; the stream or prow.
11. The U- shaped piece which embraces the neck of an ox and fastens it to the yoke.
12. To bend or incline, as the head or body, in token of respect, gratitude, assent, homage, or condescension.
13. To bend the head, knee, or body, in token of reverence or submission; - often with down.
14. To bend; to curve.
15. To cause to bend down; to prostrate; to depress,; to crush; to subdue.
16. To cause to deviate from straightness; to bend; to inflect; to make crooked or curved.
17. To exercise powerful or controlling influence over; to bend, figuratively; to turn; to incline.
18. To express by bowing; as, to bow one's thanks.
19. To incline the head in token of salutation, civility, or assent; to make bow.
20. To manage the bow.
21. To play ( music) with a bow.
22. To stop.
23. Two pieces of wood which form the arched forward part of a saddletree.
shelve, table, duck, obeisance, reconcile, deform, scrunch up, dip, arc, pass on, accede, kneel, inflection, berth, drop, arbalist, relegate, put off, postpone, balance, present, shaft, turn away, electric arc, hunker down, catgut, deviate, electric discharge, put in, resist, prow, single-piece bow, bowknot, mold, discharge, arbalest, root word, twine, angle, render, curtsey, bay, stalk, bowing, back bow, incline, stem turn, prostrate, theme, lower oneself, precede, genuflection, knot, hump, state, arrowhead, burrow, boom, reef knot, put over, scrunch, condescend, enter, bestride, remit, crane, aft, diverge, posture, courtesy, tower, drumstick, stem, beam, granny knot, bob, fold, arrow, prorogue, damper, buckle under, stone-bow, hunch, bridge, slip knot, weapon, quiver, root, set back, stoop, cower, hold over, turn, head, hammer, persuade, posit, base, rise, crouch, hunker, amidships, shank, bolt, buckle, bellows, subject, influence, self-bow, take, curtain call, bowsprit, double over, bow down, spark, bias, wind, squat, resign, bilge, fore, square knot, fret, blade, crossbow, key, put forward, obedience, union bow, radical, give in
comply (part of speech: verb)
cede, genuflect, submit, obey, surrender, cave, assent, defer, respect, accept, succumb, concur, fulfill, comply, adhere, knuckle under, bend, observe, consent, capitulate, conform, yield, agree, acquiesce, kowtow
curvature (part of speech: noun)
bend (part of speech: verb)
curve (part of speech: verb)
greet (part of speech: verb)
front (part of speech: noun)