Definition of bow:
- A rude sort of quadrant formerly used for taking the sun's altitude at sea.
- A weapon made of a strip of wood, or other elastic material, with a cord connecting the two ends, by means of which an arrow is propelled.
- An appliance consisting of an elastic rod, with a number of horse hairs stretched from end to end of it, used in playing on a stringed instrument.
- An arcograph.
- An inclination of the head, or a bending of the body, in token of reverence, respect, civility, or submission; an obeisance; as, a bow of deep humility.
- An ornamental knot, with projecting loops, formed by doubling a ribbon or string.
- Any instrument consisting of an elastic rod, with ends connected by a string, employed for giving reciprocating motion to a drill, or for preparing and arranging the hair, fur, etc., used by hatters.
- Anything bent, or in the form of a curve, as the rainbow.
- One who rows in the forward part of a boat; the bow oar.
- The bending or rounded part of a ship forward; the stream or prow.
- The U- shaped piece which embraces the neck of an ox and fastens it to the yoke.
- To bend or incline, as the head or body, in token of respect, gratitude, assent, homage, or condescension.
- To bend the head, knee, or body, in token of reverence or submission; - often with down.
- To bend; to curve.
- To cause to bend down; to prostrate; to depress,; to crush; to subdue.
- To cause to deviate from straightness; to bend; to inflect; to make crooked or curved.
- To exercise powerful or controlling influence over; to bend, figuratively; to turn; to incline.
- To express by bowing; as, to bow one's thanks.
- To incline the head in token of salutation, civility, or assent; to make bow.
- To manage the bow.
- To play ( music) with a bow.
- To stop.
- Two pieces of wood which form the arched forward part of a saddletree.
spark, arrowhead, single-piece bow, arbalist, lower oneself, bowing, inflection, bridge, deviate, present, take, diverge, hunker, double over, twine, arc, angle, bend, wind, duck, hunker down, state, squat, balance, hold over, boom, amidships, put off, turn away, arbalest, square knot, deform, incline, bay, slip knot, beam, resist, root, kneel, shelve, persuade, electric discharge, genuflection, hump, blade, buckle under, arrow, berth, damper, bowsprit, render, crane, curtsey, reconcile, union bow, shaft, reef knot, discharge, set back, stalk, put over, rise, prow, stem turn, stem, bestride, bow down, give in, obeisance, bolt, scrunch, burrow, put in, drumstick, cower, stoop, radical, bob, crouch, fold, remit, subject, influence, base, turn, enter, pass on, quiver, crossbow, condescend, relegate, catgut, hammer, prorogue, electric arc, knot, defer, put forward, bellows, tower, buckle, dip, accede, courtesy, shank, theme, granny knot, stone-bow, fore, bilge, weapon, precede, key, bowknot, prostrate, bias, fret, hunch, aft, self-bow, postpone, drop, resign, posture, table, obedience, curtain call, root word, submit, scrunch up, mold, head, back bow, posit.
- comply (part of speech: verb)
- curvature (part of speech: noun)
- bend (part of speech: verb)
- curve (part of speech: verb)
- greet (part of speech: verb)
- front (part of speech: noun)