Definition of mist:
- Coarse, watery vapor, floating or falling in visible particles, approaching the form of rain; as, Scotch mist.
- Hence, anything which dims or darkens, and obscures or intercepts vision.
- To cloud; to cover with mist; to dim.
- To rain in very fine drops; as, it mists.
- Visible watery vapor suspended in the atmosphere, at or near the surface of the earth; fog.
overcast, fog, mottle, blur, mizzle, bedim, overcloud, befog, haze over, sully, becloud, obscure, film, taint, smog, dapple, veil, fine rain, smaze, mist over, blot out, obnubilate, confuse, gauze, cloud, clear, hide, corrupt, murk, brume, obliterate, spray, defile.
- "A Boy's Ride", Gulielma Zollinger.
Once more Kennedy sent his voice ringing through the mist and darkness, and once more there was no answer, except that to their now excited senses it seemed as if a scream of mocking laughter was carried back to them upon the wind.- "Julian Home", Dean Frederic W. Farrar.
- "Checkmate", Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.