Definition of nominate :
1. To call; to entitle; to denominate.
2. To mention by name; to name.
3. To name, or designate by name, for an office or place; to appoint; esp., to name as a candidate for an election, choice, or appointment; to propose by name, or offer the name of, as a candidate for an office or place.
4. To set down in express terms; to state.
found, pull in, relieve oneself, contribute, pass water, identify, advise, make, make up, take a shit, advert, describe, call down, bring in, form, score, institute, pee, take a leak, produce, stomach, establish, call, invoke, key, submit, distinguish, designate for election, can, draft, domiciliate, abide, realise, attain, build, key out, have, house, tolerate, puddle, erect, pee-pee, construct, digest, urinate, make water, piddle, get, arouse, get to, arrive at, suggest, hold, evoke, fix, crap, ca-ca, project, call forth, reach, offer, realize, ready, purport, pretend, pop the question, gain, provide, defecate, specify, brook, raise, shit, cause, put forward, decide, state, wee, stand, rear, lay down, tin, represent, set up, induce, purpose, give, aim, seduce, progress to, plant, work, cook, bring up, endure, stir, tap, piss, choice, propose, name, draw, spend a penny, conjure up, post, take a crap, make believe, refer, diagnose, throw, be, prepare, take, take in, put up, earn, discover, wee-wee, hit, micturate, posit, stimulate, designate, stick out, bear, do, choose, cite, mention, list, charge, declare oneself, support, assert, comprise, constitute, stool, create, suffer, conjure, clear
consign (part of speech: verb)
deputize (part of speech: verb)
- Was it true that the ward machine had split, and intended to nominate rival tickets? - "The Honorable Peter Stirling and What People Thought of Him", Paul Leicester Ford.
- When men meet to nominate a President this fact comes out most strongly. - "A Man and a Woman", Stanley Waterloo.
- Of course it will not be possible to nominate members in the future as in the past. - "Chippinge Borough", Stanley J. Weyman.