Definition of chorus :
1. A band of singers and dancers.
2. A company of persons supposed to behold what passed in the acts of a tragedy, and to sing the sentiments which the events suggested in couplets or verses between the acts; also, that which was thus sung by the chorus.
3. A company of singers singing in concert.
4. A composition of two or more parts, each of which is intended to be sung by a number of voices.
5. An interpreter in a dumb show or play.
6. Parts of a song or hymn recurring at intervals, as at the end of stanzas; also, a company of singers who join with the singer or choir in singer or choir in singing such parts.
7. The simultaneous of a company in any noisy demonstration; as, a of shouts and catcalls.
8. To sing in chorus; to exclaim simultaneously.
motif, phrase, shoutout, refrain, panel, choirmaster, Greek Chorus, adagio, mouth, company, verse, extra, association, dancer, good guy, flash mobbing, choirgirl, frame, theme, choir, declaim, bit part, strain, put, pant, chorale, cantata, alias, ballerina, cheerleader, cameo, chant, chorister, organization, chorus line, baddy, bass, corps de ballet, glee club, chirp, consort, goodie, gasp out, choirboy, credit, burden, commission, andante, word, alto, declare, drill team, flash mob, bob, support group, police, allegro, chorus girl, baritone, bad guy, club
music (part of speech: noun)
concerto, arrangement, ballad, air, ballet, instrumental, composition, psalm, carol, concert, music, harmony, lyric, jazz, quartet, bebop, tune, melody, syncopation, score, hymn, symphony, lullaby, song, blues, sonata, ditty, aria, vocalization, serenade
- The chorus under the high pulpit stood up, sang, and sat again. - "John March, Southerner", George W. Cable.
- The chorus of hidden men by the fire rose in a low murmur that was like the whisper of the desert in the night. - "The Garden Of Allah", Robert Hichens.
- This he had scarcely shut when a chorus of voices rose from without. - "The House in the Mist", Anna Katharine Green.