Definition of quadrate :
1. A plane surface with four equal sides and four right angles; a square; hence, figuratively, anything having the outline of a square.
2. An aspect of the heavenly bodies in which they are distant from each other 90¡, or the quarter of a circle; quartile. See the Note under Aspect, 6.
3. Having four equal sides, the opposite sides parallel, and four right angles; square.
4. Produced by multiplying a number by itself; square.
5. Square; even; balanced; equal; exact.
6. Squared; suited; correspondent.
7. The quadrate bone.
8. To adjust ( a gun) on its carriage; also, to train ( a gun) for horizontal firing.
9. To square; to agree; to suit; to correspond; - followed by with.