Definition of thunderbolt:
- A belemnite, or thunderstone.
- A shaft of lightning; a brilliant stream of electricity passing from one part of the heavens to another, or from the clouds to the earth.
- Something resembling lightning in suddenness and effectiveness.
- Vehement threatening or censure; especially, ecclesiastical denunciation; fulmination.
longbow, affront, crash, stroke, fury, landfall, zinger, flash, peal, pike, chain lightning, dirk, blow, flash of lightning, halberd, bombshell, lightning, bolt, thunderclap, catapult, revelation, battleax, crack, mace, thunderpeal, roll, a first, lance, angry, clap of thunder, eye, crossbow, cutlass, storm cloud, sheet lightning, scandal, surprise, shock, dash, a rude awakening, deadbolt, thunderstroke, forked lightning, bolt of lightning, boom, a blinding revelation/realization/vision.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Wife in Name Only", Charlotte M. Braeme (Bertha M. Clay).
- "The Road to Understanding", Eleanor H. Porter.