Definition of bugle:
- A copper instrument of the horn quality of tone, shorter and more conical that the trumpet, sometimes keyed; formerly much used in military bands, very rarely in the orchestra; now superseded by the cornet; - called also the Kent bugle.
- A horn used by hunters.
- A plant of the genus Ajuga of the Mint family, a native of the Old World.
- A sort of wild ox; a buffalo.
- An elongated glass bead, of various colors, though commonly black.
- Jet black.
- "The Box with the Broken Seals", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- "Peggy Stewart at School", Gabrielle E. Jackson.
- "The Girl Scouts in Beechwood Forest", Margaret Vandercook.