Definition of dissection:
- Anything dissected; especially, some part, or the whole, of an animal or plant dissected so as to exhibit the structure; an anatomical so prepared.
- Fig.: The act of separating or dividing for the purpose of critical examination.
- The act of dissecting an animal or plant; as, dissection of the human body was held sacrilege till the time of Francis I.
- disjunction (part of speech: noun)
- disintegration (part of speech: noun)
Dissection of the sentimental mosaic of years is no facile undertaking, so many scraps and fragments go to the gradual making of the romantic whole, and she dared not approach the culminating tangle of the love story without explaining in detail the nascence and growth of the dilemma.- "Love's Usuries", Louis Creswicke.
- "Lucretia, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "More Hunting Wasps", J. Henri Fabre.