Definition of drainage:
- A draining; a gradual flowing off of any liquid; also, that which flows out of a drain.
- Area or district drained; as, the drainage of the Po, the Thames, etc.
- The act, process, or means of drawing off the pus or fluids from a wound, abscess, etc.
- The mode in which the waters of a country pass off by its streams and rivers.
- The system of drains and their operation, by which superfluous water is removed from towns, railway beds, mines, and other works.
- exit (part of speech: noun)
- expulsion (part of speech: noun)
- "The Future of Road-making in America", Archer Butler Hulbert.
- "Love and Lucy", Maurice Henry Hewlett.
- "The Passaic Flood of 1903", Marshall Ora Leighton.