Definition of fanatic:
- A person affected by excessive enthusiasm, particularly on religious subjects; one who indulges wild and extravagant notions of religion.
- Pertaining to, or indicating, fanaticism; extravagant in opinions; ultra; unreasonable; excessively enthusiastic, especially on religious subjects; as, fanatic zeal; fanatic notions.
devotee, religion, daemon, sectary, ultra, nut, edge, rabid, devil, politics, enthusiast, extremist, revolutionary, revolutionist, freak, bug, radical, fiend, far-out, extreme, concern, daimon, maniac, demon, ogre, monster, fan, belief, buff, passionate, overzealous, love, fanatical, votary.
- compulsive (part of speech: adjective)
- zealot (part of speech: noun)
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "There was a King in Egypt", Norma Lorimer.
It required a good deal of courage for Flossy to ask her mother, but she accomplished it, and received in reply an astonished stare, a half- embarrassed laugh, and the expression: " What an absurd little fanatic you are getting to be, Flossy!- "The Chautauqua Girls At Home", Pansy, AKA Isabella M. Alden.