Definition of hind:
- A domestic; a servant.
- A peasant; a rustic; a farm servant.
- A spotted food fish of the genus Epinephelus, as E. apua of Bermuda, and E. Drummond- hayi of Florida; - called also coney, John Paw, spotted hind.
- In the rear; - opposed to front; of or pertaining to the part or end which follows or is behind, in opposition to the part which leads or is before; as, the hind legs or hind feet of a quadruped; the hind man in a procession.
- The female of the red deer, of which the male is the stag.
- "Canadian Eclipse Party 1869", Commander E. D. Ashe.
- "Edge of the Jungle", William Beebe.
- "Philippine Folk Tales", Mabel Cook Cole.