Definition of red:
- A red pigment.
- An abbreviation for Republican. See under Red, a.
- imp. & p. p. of Read.
- Of the color of blood, or of a tint resembling that color; of the hue of that part of the rainbow, or of the solar spectrum, which is furthest from the violet part.
- The color of blood, or of that part of the spectrum farthest from violet, or a tint resembling these.
- The menses.
- To put on order; to make tidy; also, to free from entanglement or embarrassement; - generally with up; as, to red up a house.
rose du Barry, fair-haired, cerise, Tyrian purple, blood-red, full-blooded, rose-cheeked, Venetian red, the HUAC, superheated, Marxist, rosy-cheeked, hyacinth red, brick-red, sanguine, release, deprivation, cognac, boiling, rust, amber, rosy, tearing, Congo red, scorching, white-hot, bolshie, redness, Bengal red, Chianti, florid, bittersweet, brandy, colored, Chardonnay, carthamus red, candy apple red, coloured, violent, burning, chromatic, commie, ruby-red, garnet, searing, chrome-red, inflammation, wild, auburn, scalding, exit, rose de Pompadour, personnel casualty, aurora red, russet, Morocco red, azure, inflamed, fair, billiards, Turkey red, ruby, reddish, black, Alizarin red, sultry, aflame, fervent, red-faced, bolshy, baize, beige, reddened, communist, ablaze, bolshevik, amethyst, glowing, Chablis, fuchsia, cue ball, Harvard crimson, crimson, fervid, ruddy, bluish, ardent, infrared, dark, piping hot, frame, pocket, rose blush, solferino, blue, flushed, red-gold, avocado, loss, Comrade, burgundy, brunette, coral-red, the ANC, red ink, scarlet, blushful, torrid, bubbly, rubor, geranium lake, departure, nacarine, flaxen, broiling, the labor movement, cushion, ultrahot, pinko, terra cotta, champagne, caldron, cue, cherry, pool, Indian red, far infrared, Bordeaux, sweltering, rubicund, Chinese red, baby-blue, nacarat, near infrared, flush, the House Un-American Activities Committee, fire engine red, beet-red, fierce, blond, carmine, red-hot, bar billiards, aniline red, claret, alabaster, fellow traveler, red river, Indian ocher, blooming, expiration, cherry red, passing, rose, colorful, in color, trigger-happy, old rose, vehement, bloody, roasting, going, fiery.
- colors (part of speech: noun)
- red (part of speech: adjective)