Definition of consistency:
unison, organic structure, thickness, soundbox, state, delicacy, pliability, physical structure, eternity, body, longevity, solidity, agree, state of matter, naturalness, trunk, survival, eubstance, texture, flexibility, consistence, hardness, concurrence, permeability, astringency, preservation, torso, amity, concord, absorbency, dead body, accord, viscidity, consent, viscosity, softness, plasticity, elasticity, continuation, effervescence, volatility, unanimity, suppleness, agreement, density.
- order (part of speech: noun)
- harmony (part of speech: noun)
- stability (part of speech: noun)
- uniformity (part of speech: noun)
- conformity (part of speech: noun)
- intelligibility (part of speech: noun)
- cohesion (part of speech: noun)
No amount of dislike to any creed can, happily, for a moment shake one's conviction that complete toleration to every creed and conviction, and complete charity to each one of its professors, is the only right and safe rule- the only one which can make consistency in religious matters possible at all times and on all occasions.- "Lady-John-Russell", MacCarthy, Desmond.
- "Views and Reviews", Henry James.
- "Success (Second Edition)", Max Aitken Beaverbrook.