Definition of scalp:
- A bed of oysters or mussels.
- A part of the skin of the head, with the hair attached, cut or torn off from an enemy by the Indian warriors of North America, as a token of victory.
- Fig.: The top; the summit.
- That part of the integument of the head which is usually covered with hair.
- To brush the hairs or fuzz from, as wheat grains, in the process of high milling.
- To deprive of the scalp; to cut or tear the scalp from the head of.
- To make a small, quick profit by slight fluctuations of the market; - said of brokers who operate in this way on their own account.
- To remove the skin of.
- "The Prairie Chief", R.M. Ballantyne.
- "I Saw Three Ships and Other Winter Tales", Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch.
- "Samoa, A Hundred Years Ago And Long Before", George Turner.