Definition of banner:
- A kind of flag attached to a spear or pike by a crosspiece, and used by a chief as his standard in battle.
- A large piece of silk or other cloth, with a device or motto, extended on a crosspiece, and borne in a procession, or suspended in some conspicuous place.
- Any flag or standard; as, the star- spangled banner.
indication (part of speech: noun)
Of course it soon became known among the servants that there was a Confederate banner displayed upon the walls of the " great house," and those who came into the room turned the whites of their eyes at it and then looked at Marcy and Jack in utter astonishment.- "Marcy The Blockade Runner", Harry Castlemon.
- "The Scarlet Banner", Felix Dahn.
- "Flags: Some Account of their History and Uses.", Andrew Macgeorge.