Definition of determinant:
- A mark or attribute, attached to the subject or predicate, narrowing the extent of both, but rendering them more definite and precise.
- Serving to determine or limit; determinative.
- That which serves to determine; that which causes determination.
- The sum of a series of products of several numbers, these products being formed according to certain specified laws
The formation of such a determinant, whether it concerns the perfecting of the organism or its adaptation to environment, always proceeds very slowly, and as a rule has no effect before its completion.- "A Mechanico-Physiological Theory of Organic Evolution", Carl Von Nägeli.
- "A Mechanico-Physiological Theory of Organic Evolution", Carl Von Nägeli.
To make supply and demand comparable, demand must be defined as " quantity demanded," and then the difficulty arises that the quantity demanded will vary with the price, which seems to present a case of circular reasoning if demand is to be a determinant of price.- "The Value of Money", Benjamin M. Anderson, Jr..