Definition of exhalation :
1. A bright phenomenon; a meteor.
2. That which is exhaled, or which rises in the form of vapor, fume, or steam; effluvium; emanation; as, exhalations from the earth or flowers, decaying matter, etc.
3. The act or process of exhaling, or sending forth in the form of steam or vapor; evaporation.
odor (part of speech: noun)
- In a shorter interval than would have seemed possible, the battlements and fortifications of the besieging army had risen like an exhalation out of the morass. - "History of the United Netherlands, 1594", John Lothrop Motley.
- A misty exhalation rises from the floor and maintains its level while the ground slopes downwards. - "Naples Past and Present", Arthur H. Norway.
- Here let the reader depict to himself the gradual process of the vapor- bath, accompanied by an exhalation of spicy perfumes. - "The Last Days of Pompeii", Edward George Bulwer-Lytton.