Definition of homely:
- Belonging to, or having the characteristics of, home; domestic; familiar; intimate.
- Of plain or coarse features; uncomely; - contrary to handsome.
- Plain; unpretending; rude in appearance; unpolished; as, a homely garment; a homely house; homely fare; homely manners.
- Plainly; rudely; coarsely; as, homely dressed.
comfortable, unpolished, homelike, unembellished, homey, family, artless, group, simple, domestic, unattractive, unvarnished, rustic, unmistakable, sheer, unmixed, familial, uncomely, uncomely, homespun, natural, kin, patent, inelegant, comfy, unpatterned, unadorned, evident, apparent, bare, plain, manifest, snug, household, cozy, beautiful, unornamented, homy, spare, home, unmingled.
- humble (part of speech: adjective)
- ugly (part of speech: adjective)
- "My War Experiences in Two Continents", Sarah Macnaughtan.
- "From the St. Lawrence to the Yser with the 1st Canadian brigade", Frederic C. Curry.
- "Poems with Power to Strengthen the Soul", Various.