Definition of overreach:
- The act of striking the heel of the fore foot with the toe of the hind foot; - said of horses.
- To cheat by cunning or deception.
- To deceive, or get the better of, by artifice or cunning; to outwit; to cheat.
- To reach above or beyond in any direction.
- To reach too far
- To sail on one tack farther than is necessary.
- To strike the toe of the hind foot against the heel or shoe of the forefoot; - said of horses.
outmanoeuvre, cheat, beleaguer, vex, elude, surround, bewilder, parry, perplex, shell, outfox, excess, ticktack, hedge, outsmart, mystify, get, wash up, overact, vanquish, skirt, evade, tick, gravel, fudge, overrun, scramble, fool, put off, hem in, baffle, exceed, exhaust, overlap, cover, beat up, sidestep, crush, pose, drum, puzzle, overstep, beat, work over, dodge, trounce, nonplus, flummox, quiver, outwit, bunk, win, dumbfound, duck, outmaneuver, stick, amaze, stupefy, ticktock, thump, overdo, besiege, surpass, pulsate, beat out, thrum, outreach, circumvent, outthink, deceive, flap, transcend, tucker out, overlay, spread, pound, tucker.
- "The Chevalier d'Auriac", S. (Sidney) Levett-Yeats.
- "My Life as an Author", Martin Farquhar Tupper.
- "Jimgrim and Allah's Peace", Talbot Mundy.