Definition of pointing:
- of Point
- The act of designating, as a position or direction, by means of something pointed, as a finger or a rod.
- The act of filling and finishing the joints in masonry with mortar, cement, etc.; also, the material so used.
- The act of sharpening.
- The act or art of punctuating; punctuation.
- The act or process of measuring, at the various distances from the surface of a block of marble, the surface of a future piece of statuary; also, a process used in cutting the statue from the artist's model.
- The rubbing off of the point of the wheat grain in the first process of high milling.
- "In the Days of Drake", J. S. Fletcher.
- "Blake's Burden", Harold Bindloss.
- "The Extraordinary Adventures of Arsene Lupin, Gentleman-Burglar", Maurice Leblanc.