Definition of filling :
1. Prepared wort added to ale to cleanse it.
2. That which is used to fill a cavity or any empty space, or to supply a deficiency.
3. The woof in woven fabrics.
4. To bind, furnish, or adorn with a fillet.
pickaxe, bushing, woof, center, pick, insides, selection, contents, cement, filler, lining, plectrum, sauce, innards, choice, dressing, picking, wadding, guts, plectron, pickax, cream, layer, mixture, custard, padding, fill, option, weft
completing (part of speech: verb)
ornament (part of speech: noun)
satisfying (part of speech: verb)
infusing (part of speech: verb)
- " Yes, sir, all but filling in the grave. - "Put Yourself in His Place", Charles Reade.
- Presently a huge man came into the doorway and leaned there, his figure filling it. - "Bull Hunter", Max Brand.
- It was evening; he came home with a great many men, who sat down, filling the house. - "Myths and Legends of the Great Plains", Unknown.