Definition of voucher:
- A book, paper, or document which serves to vouch the truth of accounts, or to confirm and establish facts of any kind; also, any acquittance or receipt showing the payment of a debt; as, the merchant's books are his vouchers for the correctness of his accounts; notes, bonds, receipts, and other writings, are used as vouchers in proving facts.
- One who vouches, or gives witness or full attestation, to anything.
- The act of calling in a person to make good his warranty of title in the old form of action for the recovery of lands.
- The tenant in a writ of right; one who calls in another to establish his warranty of title. In common recoveries, there may be a single voucher or double vouchers.
evidence, substantiation, credit slip, validation, testimony, affirmation, corroboration, chit, confirmation, ecolabel, verifier, receipt, testimonial, docket, statement, witness, gift certificate, testament, bar code, discount card, food coupon, food stamp, coupon, courtesy card, attestation, certification, documentation.
- "The Lone Ranche", Captain Mayne Reid.
- "The Fighting Chance", Robert W. Chambers.
Further, each account must bear a certificate as to its correctness in the hand- writing of the Inspector, and must be accompanied by an official voucher on which must be written the number and date of the authority for the expense.- "General Instructions For The Guidance Of Post Office Inspectors In The Dominion Of Canada", Alexander Campbell.