Definition of chinese :
1. A native or natives of China, or one of that yellow race with oblique eyelids who live principally in China.
2. Of or pertaining to China; peculiar to China.
3. The language of China, which is monosyllabic.
- Thus also it happened with the Chinese. - "Travels in China, Containing Descriptions, Observations, and Comparisons, Made and Collected in the Course of a Short Residence at the Imperial Palace of Yuen-Min-Yuen, and on a Subsequent Journey through the Country from Pekin to Canton", John Barrow.
- " I thought the Chinese were after me again. - "My Strangest Case", Guy Boothby.
- I don't place much confidence in the Chinese theory, Doc, but as I have nothing better to offer, let us go see Miss Darrow. - "The-Darrow-Enigma", Severy, Melvin Linwood.