Definition of emblem:
- A picture accompanied with a motto, a set of verse, or the like, intended as a moral lesson or meditation.
- A visible sign of an idea; an object, or the figure of an object, symbolizing and suggesting another object, or an idea, by natural aptness or by association; a figurative representation; a typical designation; a symbol; as, a balance is an emblem of justice; a scepter, the emblem of sovereignty or power; a circle, the emblem of eternity.
- Inlay; inlaid or mosaic work; something ornamental inserted in a surface.
- To represent by an emblem; to symbolize.
substitute, keepsake, trademark, totem, identification, attribute, colors, type, colophon, effigy, reminder, mark, monogram, symbolism, coat of arms, arms, motto, allegory, representation, miniature, impress, standard, parable, impresa, image, medal, hallmark, figure, souvenir, character, apologue, memento, design, ensign, device, pennant, fable.
- badge (part of speech: noun)
- ornament (part of speech: noun)
indication (part of speech: noun)
- "This Freedom", A. S. M. Hutchinson.
- "Torchy, Private Sec.", Sewell Ford.
- "Daisy in the Field", Elizabeth Wetherell.