Definition of balance :
1. A balance wheel, as of a watch, or clock. See wheel ( in the Vocabulary).
2. A movement in dancing. See Balance, v. i., S.
3. Act of weighing mentally; comparison; estimate.
4. An apparatus for weighing.
5. An equality between the sums total of the two sides of an account; as, to bring one's accounts to a balance; - also, the excess on either side; as, the balance of an account.
6. Equipoise between the weights in opposite scales.
7. The constellation Libra.
8. The seventh sign in the Zodiac, called Libra, which the sun enters at the equinox in September.
9. The state of being in equipoise; equilibrium; even adjustment; steadiness.
10. To arrange accounts in such a way that the sum total of the debits is equal to the sum total of the credits; as, to balance a set of books.
11. To bring to an equipoise, as the scales of a balance by adjusting the weights; to weigh in a balance.
12. To compare in relative force, importance, value, etc.; to estimate.
13. To contract, as a sail, into a narrower compass; as, to balance the boom mainsail.
14. To equal in number, weight, force, or proportion; to counterpoise, counterbalance, counteract, or neutralize.
15. To fluctuate between motives which appear of equal force; to waver; to hesitate.
16. To have equal weight on each side; to be in equipoise; as, the scales balance.
17. To make the sums of the debits and credits of an account equal; - said of an item; as, this payment, or credit, balances the account.
18. To move toward a person or couple, and then back.
19. To move toward, and then back from, reciprocally; as, to balance partners.
20. To settle and adjust, as an account; to make two accounts equal by paying the difference between them.
21. To support on a narrow base, so as to keep from falling; as, to balance a plate on the end of a cane; to balance one's self on a tight rope.
symmetricalness, lie, centrifugal force, get, allocation, set out, equilibrize, the many, perspective, APR, leftovers, most, counter, equilibration, correlation, residue, block, capillary action, tension, dimension, poise, orchestration, lay, unity, proportionality, pose, Libra the Scales, remainder, linkage, cool head, backlog, insight, balance wheel, affinity, counterweight, eternal sleep, put, counterforce, surplus, bank rate, Libra, consonance, cool, bad debt, there is/are etc., opposition, cower, deportment, brace, corrective, bank statement, accumulation, beautiful, isotropy, agitator, capacity, link, relief, sense of equilibrium, labyrinthine sense, serenity, attraction, absorbance, trim down, air resistance, equaliser, prioritize, repose, coherence, composure, bonding, Libra the Balance, carriage, equalizer, oddment, at large, relaxation, vestibular sense, halve, exist, excess, end, equilibrise, sit, minimize, eternal rest, burrow, arithmetic, pole, pile, restructure, imperturbability, predominance, bow, stance, concentrate, belong, calorific, decrease, batch, banking, compressor, ease, consonancy, leftover, relation, neutralizer, borrower, convertor, debt, scale, amplitude, dividend, difference, respite, imperturbableness, residual, crouch, imbalance, charger, remnant, bestride, codify, sang-froid, equipoise, aplomb, concinnity, crook, ratio, converter, preponderance, remains, crane, arrears, erode, opposite, symphony, parity, the contrary, equanimity, antithesis, association, bearing, negation, commensurateness, blower, maximum, chemical equilibrium, obverse, equilibrium, bank, correspondence, judgment, the converse, rest, centripetal force, amount, double over, discretion, odds and ends, canceler, lower, peace, proportionateness, critical uncertain, equilibrate, posture, calculator, feelings, shrivel, undecided, cut back, home loan, bill, calm, counterpoise, attitude, reduce, liability, reorganize, top-slice, occupy, the reverse, unflappability, quietus, BIPS, stand, generality, operate, rest period, bank draft, residuum, due, stasis, relationship, position, collectedness, bend, sense of balance, agreement, boiler, coolness, profit, self-possession, borrowings, manage, majority, counteraction, bank book, coordinate, put down, parallelism, nonchalance, sleep, debit, leavings, allowance
order (part of speech: verb)
design, stability, support, classify, plot, unify, right, regulate, consistency, normalize, type, harmony, marshal, symmetry, fix, establish, uniformity, arrange, collate, pigeonhole, steadiness, integrate, grade, maintain, structure, rate, sort, frame, normality, regularity, arrangement, program, method, system, cast, place, score, stabilize, schematize, organize, organization, plan, rationalize, form, chart, stratify, systematize, control, subordinate, settle, orchestrate, unsnarl, screen, compose, normalcy, separate, array, group, categorize, rank, prepare, mediate, methodize, devise, harmonize, order, efficiency, shape, sift, scheme, class
equal (part of speech: verb)
sanity (part of speech: noun)
symmetry (part of speech: noun)
compensate (part of speech: verb)
equality (part of speech: noun)
account (part of speech: noun)