Definition of ounce:
- A feline quadruped ( Felis irbis, uncia) resembling the leopard in size, and somewhat in color, but it has longer and thicker fur, which forms a short mane on the back.
- A weight, the sixteenth part of a pound avoirdupois, and containing 437 grains.
- Fig.: A small portion; a bit.
- The twelfth part of a troy pound.
dram, one sixteenth of a pint, crumb, bit, damn, ort, trifle, big, iota, drop, jot, big, whit, diddly, speck, dash, mite, measure, iota, shred, fragment, smidgen, troy ounce, spot, molecule, minim, dab, Panthera Uncia, snow leopard, modicum, fluid ounce, oz., jot, avoirdupois ounce, rap, whit, tittle, scruple, grain, scrap, shred, dot, hoot, apothecaries' ounce, particle.
- "The Gray Phantom's Return", Herman Landon.
- "Dan Merrithew", Lawrence Perry.
- "Gigolo", Edna Ferber.