Definition of reversion:
- A payment which is not to be received, or a benefit which does not begin, until the happening of some event, as the death of a living person.
- A return towards some ancestral type or character; atavism.
- Hence, a right to future possession or enjoiment; succession.
- That which reverts or returns; residue.
- The act of returning, or coming back; return.
- The returning of an esttate to the grantor or his heirs, by operation of law, after the grant has terminated; hence, the residue of an estate left in the proprietor or owner thereof, to take effect in possession, by operation of law, after the termination of a limited or less estate carved out of it and conveyed by him.
flip-flop, black eye, regression, assignment, regression toward the mean, verso, rotation, alienate, turnabout, simple regression, blind trust, renewal, cancel, degeneration, atavist, change of mind, atavism, relapsing, retroflection, reversal, reverse, policy change, setback, reverse gear, cancellation, backsliding, volte-face, lapse, reaction, turnaround, inversion, blow, repetition, retroversion, alienation, lapsing, retroflexion, regress, opposite, attest, oversight, throwback, turn around, fixation, turnround, return, about-face, relapse, reasoning backward, cause, transposition, forward, statistical regression, contrary, retrogression, retrogradation, turnaround time, bail, infantile fixation, assign, arrested development, reverting.
- "Evil Out of Onzar", Mark Ganes.
- "The Life of Napoleon I (Volumes, 1 and 2)", John Holland Rose.
- "A Hazard of New Fortunes", William Dean Howells.