Definition of fat :
1. A large tub, cistern, or vessel; a vat.
2. A measure of quantity, differing for different commodities.
3. Abounding in riches; affluent; fortunate.
4. Abounding with fat
5. An oily liquid or greasy substance making up the main bulk of the adipose tissue of animals, and widely distributed in the seeds of plants. See Adipose tissue, under Adipose.
6. Exhibiting the qualities of a fat animal; coarse; heavy; gross; dull; stupid.
7. Fertile; productive; as, a fat soil; a fat pasture.
8. Fleshy; characterized by fatness; plump; corpulent; not lean; as, a fat man; a fat ox.
9. Of a character which enables the compositor to make large wages; - said of matter containing blank, cuts, or many leads, etc.; as, a fat take; a fat page.
10. Oily; greasy; unctuous; rich; - said of food.
11. Rich; producing a large income; desirable; as, a fat benefice; a fat office; a fat job.
12. The best or richest productions; the best part; as, to live on the fat of the land.
13. To grow fat, plump, and fleshy.
14. To make fat; to fatten; to make plump and fleshy with abundant food; as, to fat fowls or sheep.
15. Work. containing much blank, or its equivalent, and, therefore, profitable to the compositor.
voluptuous, fattish, generative, gossip, plummet, oleaginous, productive, adipose tissue, confer, dumpy, exposit, juicy, abdominous, chunky, gross, round out, oversupply, plump out, plunk down, plump down, fill out, weighty, lucubrate, ample, plank, plumpish, paunchy, profitable, talk, thickset, copious, lumpish, rounded, prolific, fertile, solid, zaftig, fatten up, blue, pyknic, roly-poly, blubbery, massive, overflow, fatness, big, jowly, red-hot, thick, pad, elaborate, make out, glut, enlarge, plentiful, blubber, fruitful, overweight, fill in, plonk, surplusage, ponderous, expand, expound, gamey, superfluity, round, sebaceous, oily, heavy, embonpoint, luscious, potbellied, excess, plenteous, eke out, full-bodied, podgy, greasy, buttery, robust, fecund, flabby, meaty, hefty, surplus, fatty, go, rich, zoftig, tubby, buxom, expatiate, overstock, endomorphic, flesh out, risque, loose-jowled, fatten, complete, adipose, racy, husky, fatty tissue, bulky, spicy, double-chinned, lean, brawny, large, overmuch, overage, toothsome, suety, thin, swollen, deep, broad, overrun, dilate, heavyset, superfatted, gamy, flump, porcine, naughty, plop, fatten out, avoirdupois, avoirdupois weight, suet, compact, burly, puffy, plunk
obese (part of speech: adjective)
oil (part of speech: noun)
- He has got to take his lean with his fat. - "Peter A Novel of Which He is Not the Hero", F. Hopkinson Smith.
- " Why, that- that's the Fat Woman! - "Philo Gubb Correspondence-School Detective", Ellis Parker Butler.
- She watched the fat Hindoo, and made sure that she would recognize him anywhere again. - "Rung Ho!", Talbot Mundy.