Definition of penetrate:
- To affect profoundly through the senses or feelings; to touch with feeling; to make sensible; to move deeply; as, to penetrate one's heart with pity.
- To enter into; to make way into the interior of; to effect an entrance into; to pierce; as, light penetrates darkness.
- To pass; to make way; to pierce. Also used figuratively.
- To pierce into by the mind; to arrive at the inner contents or meaning of, as of a mysterious or difficult subject; to comprehend; to understand.
pass over, track, cut across, infiltrate, snap, sting, tick, filter, percolate, break, enter, grasp, propagate, get over, pass through, mop up, cover, sound, come home, fathom, pass around, perforate, seep, riddle, knife, discern, bayonet, flick, interpenetrate, withdraw, bottom, cluck, circularize, clack, put in, cut through, hue, finish off, understand, click, comprehend, fall into place, diffuse, leave, spread, traverse, dawn, circulate, perceive, get hold of, get through, circularise, distribute, gore, run through, stab, prick, spread out, broadcast, ream, transfix, polish off, go in, wound, put over, thrust, cross, sink in, impale, get across, while away, run into, come through, come in, jab, go through, finish up, disseminate, chatter, clear up, contact, wrap up, reach, disperse, screen, fan out.
- infuse (part of speech: verb)
- perforate (part of speech: verb)
- insert (part of speech: verb)
- "The Boy Aviators in Africa", Captain Wilbur Lawton.
- "Victory", Lester del Rey.
- "The Last Days of Pompeii", Edward George Bulwer-Lytton.