Definition of fixture:
- Anything of an accessory character annexed to houses and lands, so as to constitute a part of them. This term is, however, quite frequently used in the peculiar sense of personal chattels annexed to lands and tenements, but removable by the person annexing them, or his personal representatives. In this latter sense, the same things may be fixtures under some circumstances, and not fixtures under others.
- State of being fixed; fixedness.
- That which is fixed or attached to something as a permanent appendage; as, the fixtures of a pump; the fixtures of a farm or of a dwelling, that is, the articles which a tenant may not take away.
localization, mess, unalterability, holdfast, fixedness, equipment, bibcock, fitting, stamping ground, fastener, resort, immutability, mending, hangout, pickle, altering, appliance, convenience, fixity, stronghold, speed, installation, amends, kettle of fish, tap, neutering, mend, reparation, gas fixture, immutableness, regular, immobility, apparatus, locating, fastness, outlet, switch, fixation, haunt, hole, habitue, faucet, head, castings, plumbing, fastening, plumbing fixture, fix, secureness, electric fixture, muddle, location, connection, swiftness, repair, darn, plug, localisation, light fixture, stationariness, patch, fixing, jam.
- "The Fairfax County Courthouse", Ross D. Netherton Ruby Waldeck.
- "Travels in the Great Desert of Sahara, in the Years of 1845 and 1846", James Richardson.
- "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II", Joshua Rose.