Definition of muzzle :
1. A fastening or covering ( as a band or cage) for the mouth of an animal, to prevent eating or vicious biting.
2. The mouth of a thing; the end for entrance or discharge; as, the muzzle of a gun.
3. The projecting mouth and nose of a quadruped, as of a horse; a snout.
4. To bind the mouth of; to fasten the mouth of, so as to prevent biting or eating; hence, figuratively, to bind; to sheathe; to restrain from speech or action.
5. To bring the mouth or muzzle near.
6. To fondle with the closed mouth.
release, stifle, joke, flea collar, quip, barrel, muffle, hammer, quiet, cover, belly, face, trammel, kisser, gauge, precede, lead, domesticate, carapace, suppress, wrap, restrain, bind, countenance, retch, map, calibre, butt, puss, bony, capsule, hush, still, thwart, blowhole, envelop, anatomical, Kitty litter, kennel, call off, restrict, body, check, antler, strangle, laugh, heave, visage, mug, suffocate, gun muzzle, deaden, unfasten, chamber, exercise, collar, shush, coat, feature, clip, sheathe, prevent, cage, pan, repress, dog collar, leash, keep from, handler, gag, bore, arm, anatomy, silence, choke, jape, heel, stop, bar, answer to, cat litter, litter, caliber, jest, disturb, fret, choke chain
weapon (part of speech: noun)
Colt, bullet, ammunition, arrow, blowpipe, ax, trigger, Sidewinder, Remington, carbine, Browning, battery, shell, artillery, stiletto, piece, torpedo, peashooter, heater, sword, rifle, firearm, flamethrower, machine gun, dagger, javelin, spear, shooter, handgun, broadsword, blowgun, ordnance, bayonet, machete, rocket, mortar, bilbo, gun, mace, knife, weapon, bow and arrow, pistol, armament, revolver, blunderbuss, repeater, saber, cannon, club, missile, lance, scimitar, luger, weaponry, bomber, musket, boomerang, Winchester, shotgun, rapier, claymore, cutlass, bazooka, howitzer
- The guard at the same time was looking into the muzzle of a weapon held by Emory. - "Raiding with Morgan", Byron A. Dunn.
- The muzzle of his pistol was in my face before I could lay hand to my own. - "The Splendid Spur", Arthur T. Quiller Couch.
- With a whistling sound, a shell flew from the muzzle of our cannon and a few seconds later fell with a loud crash in a cloud of smoke on the rear deck of the steamer. - "The Journal of Submarine Commander von Forstner", Georg-GÃ¼nther von Forstner Commentator: John Hays, Jr. Hammond.