Definition of savor:
- Hence, specific flavor or quality; characteristic property; distinctive temper, tinge, taint, and the like.
- Pleasure; delight; attractiveness.
- Sense of smell; power to scent, or trace by scent.
- That property of a thing which affects the organs of taste or smell; taste and odor; flavor; relish; scent; as, the savor of an orange or a rose; an ill savor.
- To have a particular smell or taste; - with of.
- To have the flavor or quality of; to indicate the presence of.
- To partake of the quality or nature; to indicate the presence or influence; to smack; - with of.
- To perceive by the smell or the taste; hence, to perceive; to note.
- To taste or smell with pleasure; to delight in; to relish; to like; to favor.
- To use the sense of taste.
coolness, feel, sapidness, feeling, be, love, palatableness, pinch, bladder fucus, tastiness, fling, diversion, bask, scag, bladderwrack, cannibalize, sea tang, chow down, aftertaste, peculiarity, feature, quality, smack, chilliness, sea tangle, drink in, toothsomeness, character, like, tanginess, flavour, try, devour, champ, savoriness, take/find pleasure in (doing) something, sapidity, trait, gusto, go in for, skag, nose drops, crunch, entertainment, sweetness, spirit, sapor, revel, fun, hell dust, lusciousness, zest, black rockweed, distraction, flavor, giggle, atmosphere, look, smacking, gaieties, chomp, delectability, smell, savour, property, aroma, bite, frolic, enjoy, get, devilment, demolish, relish, piquance, big H, texture, piquancy, bolt, piquantness, attribute, amusement, body, choke down, mark, delight in, delight, revel in, characteristic, palatability, serrated wrack, tang, zestfulness, try out, smooch, shot, tone, slap, have your fun, thunder.
- "Stingaree", E. W. (Ernest William) Hornung.
- "Chopin: The Man and His Music", James Huneker.