Definition of animate:
- Endowed with life; alive; living; animated; lively.
- To give natural life to; to make alive; to quicken; as, the soul animates the body.
- To give powers to, or to heighten the powers or effect of; as, to animate a lyre.
- To give spirit or vigor to; to stimulate or incite; to inspirit; to rouse; to enliven.
breathe in, enkindle, embolden, reinvigorate, furbish up, existent, restore, exhort, animize, invigorate, pep up, indemnify, vivacious, whet, reanimate, kindle, animated, freshen up, rectify, beatify, lift, breathing, proclaim, buoy, happy, action, moving, inhale, lively, resuscitate, liven up, alert, recompense, instigate, inebriate, inspire, remedy, glorify, flush, revivify, stir, hearten, renovate, urge on, brisk, quicken, enliven, revolutionise, mend, remediate, speed up, compensate, root on, amend, accelerate, subsisting, restitute, play, fix, extol, actuate, inspirit, encourage, speed, elevate, come to, tickle pink, existing, recreate, laud, thrill, light, resort, animise, active, urge, prompt, vivify, revive, study atalive, sensate, doctor, touch on, bushel, repair, quick, sentient, cheer, motivate, help, barrack, refurbish, revolutionize, exalt, vitalize, brighten, liven, uplift, resurrect, elate.
- excite (part of speech: verb)
- live (part of speech: adjective)
- invigorate (part of speech: verb)
- "Madame Roland, Makers of History", John S. C. Abbott.
- "One of Our Conquerors, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- "Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist", Alexander Berkman.