Definition of guardian:
- One who guards, preserves, or secures; one to whom any person or thing is committed for protection, security, or preservation from injury; a warden.
- One who has, or is entitled to, the custody of the person or property of an infant, a minor without living parents, or a person incapable of managing his own affairs.
- Performing, or appropriate to, the office of a protector; as, a guardian care.
adopted, babysitter, lookout, supervisor, lifesaver, trustee, watcher, precaution, protective, champion, protector, adoption agency, carer, paladin, sentry, tutelary, adopt, watchman, care, protection, au pair, minder, watch, janitor, defender, adoption, picket, conservator, patrol, shield, babysit, superintendent, tutelar, custodial, safeguard, adoptive, withstander, sponsor, nurse, care order, sentinel, law, shielder.
- angel (part of speech: noun)
- custodian (part of speech: noun)
- "Cap'n Warren's Wards", Joseph C. Lincoln.
- "The Bars of Iron", Ethel May Dell.
- "The Man Who Rose Again", Joseph Hocking.