Definition of guardian :
1. One who guards, preserves, or secures; one to whom any person or thing is committed for protection, security, or preservation from injury; a warden.
2. One who has, or is entitled to, the custody of the person or property of an infant, a minor without living parents, or a person incapable of managing his own affairs.
3. Performing, or appropriate to, the office of a protector; as, a guardian care.
adopted, babysitter, lookout, supervisor, lifesaver, trustee, watcher, precaution, protective, champion, protector, adoption agency, carer, paladin, sentry, tutelary, adopt, watchman, care, protection, au pair, minder, watch, janitor, defender, adoption, picket, conservator, patrol, shield, babysit, superintendent, tutelar, custodial, safeguard, adoptive, withstander, sponsor, nurse, care order, sentinel, law, shielder
angel (part of speech: noun)
custodian (part of speech: noun)
- You're her guardian, and you make her! - "Cap'n Warren's Wards", Joseph C. Lincoln.
- But till that day dawned, her love must be the guardian of them both. - "The Bars of Iron", Ethel May Dell.
- I think he is in love with what you call the guardian angel of this place. - "The Man Who Rose Again", Joseph Hocking.