Definition of jag :
1. A cleft or division.
2. A leather bag or wallet;
3. A notch; a cleft; a barb; a ragged or sharp protuberance; a denticulation.
4. A part broken off; a fragment.
5. A small load, as of hay or grain in the straw, or of ore.
6. Enough liquor to make a man noticeably drunk; a small load; a time or case of drunkeness; - esp. in phr. To have a jag on, to be drunk.
8. To carry, as a load; as, to jag hay, etc.
9. To cut into notches or teeth like those of a saw; to notch.
drunkenness, rampage, decagram, dag, spree, bout, bat, inebriety, Drugs, bender, drunk, buzz, indulgence, glow, dekagram, booze, orgy, carousal, carouse, restraint, brannigan, intoxication, tear, dkg, binge, fling
- I seen him twice hiking out- to Dawson, for a jag, I guess. - "Colorado Jim", George Goodchild.
- And the chorus of laughter, which is part and parcel of a hasheesh jag, was tremendous. - "The Book of Khalid", Ameen Rihani.
- Johnny began to hum- Joyous Joe got a juniper jag, A- jogging out of Jaytown; Joyous Joe got a juniper jag- " We'll show that prickly pear from Montanny some fine points." - "Hopalong Cassidy", Clarence E. Mulford.