Definition of savage:
- A human being in his native state of rudeness; one who is untaught, uncivilized, or without cultivation of mind or manners.
- A man of extreme, unfeeling, brutal cruelty; a barbarian.
- Characterized by cruelty; barbarous; fierce; ferocious; inhuman; brutal; as, a savage spirit.
- Of or pertaining to the forest; remote from human abodes and cultivation; in a state of nature; wild; as, a savage wilderness.
- To make savage.
- Uncivilized; untaught; unpolished; rude; as, savage life; savage manners.
- Wild; untamed; uncultivated; as, savage beasts.
bowelless, uncivil, boom, furious, primary, diabolical, ferine, woman chaser, fell, dun, vicious, malignant, merciless, untamed, crude, tyke, condemnable, fauna, angered, brute, barbaric, beastly, deplorable, torment, smash, cruel, godforsaken, tame, shell, wildcat, kind, aboriginal, subdue, mortify, reprehensible, idle, enraged, animate being, violent, peasant, creature, unrelenting, unspoiled, uncultured, venomous, uncultured, bloody-minded, untaught, crucify, boor, fierce, bedevil, infuriate, beast, fantastic, malevolent, waste, tike, ravenous, tempestuous, rapacious, wildcat well, cold-blooded, primitive, uncivilised, help, rag, relentless, cutthroat, feral, unfounded, generous, unrestrained, culture, ancient, blast, evil, gibbet, rustic, primordial, destructive, churl, infernal, murderous, ferocious, poisonous, archaic, animal, frantic, masher, pagan, tearing, broken, pillory, wolfish, blare, malicious, pristine, uncivilized, skirt chaser, advanced, primeval, roughshod, brutal, barbarian, noncivilized, barbarous, uncultivated, kind, devilish, fundamental, knock down, natural, hazardous, angry, simple, atrocious, criminal, gaga, boisterous, native, noncivilised, heavy-handed, inhumane, wolf, frustrate, trigger-happy, ungoverned, original, remorseless, risky, civilized, baseless, infuriated, crazy, nail, primitive, maddened, truculent, heartless, dotty, unwarranted, uncultivated, uncouth, wild, groundless, hellish, earliest, raving mad, shoot.
- attack (part of speech: verb)
- enemy (part of speech: noun)
- violent (part of speech: adjective)
- brutal (part of speech: adjective)
- "Their Silver Wedding Journey", William Dean Howells.
- "The Hunters of the Hills", Joseph Altsheler.
- "Mary Wollaston", Henry Kitchell Webster.