Definition of diagnosis:
- Critical perception or scrutiny; judgment based on such scrutiny; esp., perception of, or judgment concerning, motives and character.
- Scientific determination of any kind; the concise description of characterization of a species.
- The art or act of recognizing the presence of disease from its signs or symptoms, and deciding as to its character; also, the decision arrived at.
- "The Mystery of 31 New Inn", R. Austin Freeman.
- "The Wheel O' Fortune", Louis Tracy.
- "The Fruit of the Tree", Edith Wharton.