Definition of bosom:
- A depression round the eye of a millstone.
- Any thing or place resembling the breast; a supporting surface; an inner recess; the interior; as, the bosom of the earth.
- Embrace; loving or affectionate inclosure; fold.
- Inclination; desire.
- Intimate; confidential; familiar; trusted; cherished; beloved; as, a bosom friend.
- Of or pertaining to the bosom.
- The breast of a human being; the part, between the arms, to which anything is pressed when embraced by them.
- The breast, considered as the seat of the passions, affections, and operations of the mind; consciousness; secret thoughts.
- The part of the dress worn upon the breast; an article, or a portion of an article, of dress to be worn upon the breast; as, the bosom of a shirt; a linen bosom.
- To conceal; to hide from view; to embosom.
- To inclose or carry in the bosom; to keep with care; to take to heart; to cherish.
spunk, feelings, pap, gouge, twinge, breast, boob, encompass, nub, cover, pinch, kernel, ticker, mind, affectionateness, white meat, embracement, titty, embrace, squash, middle, compact, heart, mammilla, depreciator, marrow, dumbbell, pinhead, thrust, dummy, compress, embracing, coerce, mash, comprehend, tit, pith, extort, wring, wedge, squelch, inwardness, crush, philia, essence, gist, detractor, doorknocker, heart and soul, rack, affection, force, mettle, nipple, press, tweet, tenderness, disparager, pump, hug, meat, nitty-gritty, titmouse, centre, constrict, sum, spirit, eye, twitch, pressure, core, shove, substance, knocker, stuff, mamilla, teat, chest, contract, dope, fondness, soul, espouse, warmness, center, rapper, sweep up, booby, bust, thorax, adopt, warmheartedness, squeeze, nerve, hale.
- "Education in The Home, The Kindergarten, and The Primary School", Elizabeth P. Peabody.
- "Four Phases of Love", Paul Heyse.
- "Eastern Tales by Many Story Tellers", Various.