Definition of secret:
- A thing not discovered; what is unknown or unexplained; a mystery.
- Faithful to a secret; not inclined to divulge or betray confidence; secretive.
- Hidden; concealed; as, secret treasure; secret plans; a secret vow.
- Separate; distinct.
- Something studiously concealed; a thing kept from general knowledge; what is not revealed, or not to be revealed.
- The parts which modesty and propriety require to be concealed; the genital organs.
- To keep secret.
- Withdraw from general intercourse or notice; in retirement or secrecy; secluded.
arcanum, orphic, cryptic, means, dark, unacknowledged, latent, aboveboard, mystery, unfathomed, out of sight, strange, surreptitious, close, unintelligible, secretive, route, covert, unfathomable, secluded, cloak-and-dagger, mystical, reclusive, known, deep, incognito, ambiguous, undercover, sly, sequestered, transcendental, hole-and-corner, private, sub rosa, recondite, whodunit, inscrutable, hush-hush, hugger mugger, closet, occult, riddle, confidential, mystifying, enigmatical, cryptical, cabalistic, taciturn, open, incomprehensible, inexplicable, unknown, classified, clouded, enigma, formula, on the quiet, inside, unenlightened, enigmatic, clandestine, mysterious, sneaking, overt, mystic, key, ticket, show, esoteric, individual, unavowed, obscure, mystery story, huggermugger, abstruse, cloistered, hidden, privy, underhand, closed book, concealed, inward, underground, conundrum, underhanded, brain-teaser, auricular.
- concealed (part of speech: adjective)
- secret (part of speech: adjective)
- private (part of speech: adjective)