Definition of gravity:
- Importance, significance, dignity, etc; hence, seriousness; enormity; as, the gravity of an offense.
- Lowness of tone; - opposed to acuteness.
- Sobriety of character or demeanor.
- The state of having weight; beaviness; as, the gravity of lead.
- The tendency of a mass of matter toward a center of attraction; esp., the tendency of a body toward the center of the earth; terrestrial gravitation.
gravitational force, sedateness, balance, savageness, centrifugal force, staidness, force, somberness, intentness, dryness, earnest, humorlessness, absorbance, explosiveness, sobriety, gravitation, air resistance, amplitude, style, gloominess, sombreness, bonding, important, austerity, temperance, heavy, gravitas, solemnity, officiousness, severity, pressure, gravitational attraction, calorific, seriousness, graveness, centripetal force, solemnness, serious-mindedness, attitude, extremity, capillary action, attraction, gloom, ferociousness, weightiness, soberness, starkness, solemness, momentousness.
- "A Vanished Hand", Sarah Doudney.
- "The World with a Thousand Moons", Edmond Hamilton.
- "The Art of Public Speaking", Dale Carnagey (AKA Dale Carnegie) and J. Berg Esenwein.