Definition of ghost:
- A false image formed in a telescope by reflection from the surfaces of one or more lenses.
- Any faint shadowy semblance; an unsubstantial image; a phantom; a glimmering; as, not a ghost of a chance; the ghost of an idea.
- The disembodied soul; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.
- The spirit; the soul of man.
- To appear to or haunt in the form of an apparition.
- To die; to expire.
phantasma, tinge, tracing, perish, hint, appearance, soupcon, shadowiness, taste, nicety, contact, sense of touch, visitant, vision, tad, breath, big, cutaneous senses, spot, spook, touch sensation, soul, refinement, streak, touching, demon, signature, tint, weirdie, nuance, weirdy, specter, vestige, shade, bogey, revenant, touch, fantasm, wraith, creep, tactile sensation, expire, touch modality, supernatural, whisker, tactual sensation, spectre, subtlety, haunt, eidolon, whisper, intimation, frequent, bogeyman, shadiness, mite, tincture, semblance, speck, show, suspicion, obsess, suggestion, whiff, devil, weirdo, hair, ghostwrite, words, pinch, tone, die, feeling, stalk, skin senses, bogle, jot, dash, ghostwriter, trace.
deputy (part of speech: noun)
- ghost (part of speech: noun)
- "A Book For The Young", Sarah French.
- "Her Weight in Gold", George Barr McCutcheon.
- "The Lure of the Dim Trails", by (AKA B. M. Sinclair) B. M. Bower.