Definition of nut:
- A perforated block ( usually a small piece of metal), provided with an internal or female screw thread, used on a bolt, or screw, for tightening or holding something, or for transmitting motion. See Illust. of lst Bolt.
- A projection on each side of the shank of an anchor, to secure the stock in place.
- The fruit of certain trees and shrubs ( as of the almond, walnut, hickory, beech, filbert, etc.), consisting of a hard and indehiscent shell inclosing a kernel.
- The tumbler of a gunlock.
- To gather nuts.
shabu, wise, methamphetamine hydrochloride, ice, nut case, difficulty, eccentric, clump, meth, cuckoo, pate, nutcase, churl, weirdie, body, kernel, lump, seed, poll, screwball, monster, chicken feed, testicle, glass, globe, junky, deoxyephedrine, head, methamphetamine, junkie, bean, noggin, egg, noddle, responsibility, ball, dome, testis, grump, orchis, cranium, monstrosity, loon, block, formal, skull, conk, bollock, fruit, cap, bolt, orb, burden, stone, concern, eggs, dingbat, addict, crackpot, drug addict, lusus naturae, crown, ballock, starter, bur, fanatic, chalk, bullock block, crosspatch, weirdo, musket ball, en, bug, trash, glob, loony, chunk, brain, clod, fruitcake, ding-a-ling, crank, freak, grouch, noodle.
- enthusiast (part of speech: noun)
- nut (part of speech: noun)
- lunatic (part of speech: noun)
- "Traditions of the Tinguian: A Study in Philippine Folk-Lore", Fay-Cooper Cole.
- "Household Tales by Brothers Grimm", Grimm Brothers.
- "Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens", Albert Bigelow Paine Last Updated: February 20, 2009.