Definition of peck :
1. A great deal; a large or excessive quantity.
2. A quick, sharp stroke, as with the beak of a bird or a pointed instrument.
3. Hence: To strike, pick, thrust against, or dig into, with a pointed instrument; especially, to strike, pick, etc., with repeated quick movements.
4. The fourth part of a bushel; a dry measure of eight quarts; as, a peck of wheat.
5. To choose; to select; to separate as choice or desirable; to cull; as, to pick one's company; to pick one's way; - often with out.
6. To make strokes with the beak, or with a pointed instrument.
7. To make, by striking with the beak or a pointed instrument; as, to peck a hole in a tree.
8. To pick up food with the beak; hence, to eat.
9. To seize and pick up with the beak, or as with the beak; to bite; to eat; - often with up.
10. To strike with the beak; to thrust the beak into; as, a bird pecks a tree.
loads, quid, circle, percolate, bulk, pack, potful, myriad, osculate, destiny, oodles, band, bus, big bucks, pluck, chew, muckle, stilt, potbelly, corporation, nap, receive, yard, hen-peck, find out, push-down store, measure, atomic reactor, cumulus, mount, foot, masses, push-down stack, grass, chatter, smack, cumulation, depression, sheaf, deal, survey, locoweed, plenitude, nail, blame, cop, business deal, hoi polloi, view, coo, can, smell, find fault, batch, green goddess, chaw, abundance, discover, potentiometer, hear, skunk, fellatio, cunnilingus, truckload, cubic, mint candy, pluck at, acre, muddle, quite a little, clutch, pick, whole slew, sess, gobs, call for, plug, peck at, caboodle, get wind, kitty, galvanic pile, lift up, break up, pull at, flap, pot, hundred, fondle, mass, pickle, goose, wad, boatload, clean, multiplicity, set, commode, carat, shipload, nab, mountain, people, get a line, hole, plenteousness, tummy, reek, passel, scar, pick-up, ton, caw, upsurge, disparage, elate, foreplay, uplift, beat, portion, kiss, hatful, perk up, ken, draw, fortune, push-down storage, jam, canoodle, spile, push-down list, get word, flowerpot, nag, see, good deal, area, mark, store, buss, megabucks, nibble, profusion, raft, trade, taste, bargain, jalopy, blow, flock, turn around, kettle of fish, centigram, cull, chunk, French kiss, potty, touch, heap, carload, tap, down, jackpot, cud, belittle, gather up, mess hall, smooch, atomic pile, BMI, ct., plentifulness, piling, throne, dope, vision, smoke, fold, troop, blemish, whole lot, fistful, stool, toilet, pick at, mint, basketful, messiness, rap, chain reactor, catch, big money, are, hand, mess, apprehend, visual modality, gain vigor, brood, arrest, tidy sum, plentitude, freshet, visual sense, chirp, voltaic pile, bunch, spate, sens, alight, wealth, slew, the great unwashed, cry, dozen, agglomerate, muss, bundle, crapper, grope, reams, fix, stack, surge, thwack, mickle, mussiness, bay window, circumstances, piece, smokestack, softwood, scads, bucket, plateful, collect, quantity, great deal, beak, plunk, perk, gage, lashings, feel up, luck, weed, sight, cheep, cu., fate, multitude, lot, much, learn, collar, rush, pinch, pile, mound, intoxicate, plenty
volume (part of speech: noun)