Definition of reflex:
- An involuntary movement produced by reflex action.
- Directed back; attended by reflection; retroactive; introspective.
- Of, pertaining to, or produced by, stimulus or excitation without the necessary intervention of consciousness.
- Produced in reaction, in resistance, or in return.
- Reflection; the light reflected from an illuminated surface to one in shade.
- To bend back; to turn back.
- To reflect.
by accident, automatic, spontaneous, involuntary, contract, interplay, unpremeditated, habitual, unintended, coincidental, answer, cartilaginous, spasm, motor, reply, accidental, cry, unconditioned reflex, overstretched, planned, impromptu, reaction, reflex action, response, instinctive, automatic, unthinking, instinctive reflex, physiological reaction, impulsive, reflexive, inborn reflex, pull, reflex response, relax, welcome, spontaneous, outcry, random, outburst, smooth, arbitrary, muscular, innate reflex, involuntary.
- "John Dewey's logical theory", Delton Thomas Howard.
But it is little less than certain, that it is on account of the want of that resolute heroic Christian spirit which Covenanting calls forth and embraces, that our missionaries are not even now diffused over all the earth, and our nation is not, by a reflex hallowed influence, throughout all its extent, as the garden of the Lord.- "The Ordinance of Covenanting", John Cunningham.