Definition of sector:
- A mathematical instrument, consisting of two rulers connected at one end by a joint, each arm marked with several scales, as of equal parts, chords, sines, tangents, etc., one scale of each kind on each arm, and all on lines radiating from the common center of motion. The sector is used for plotting, etc., to any scale.
- A part of a circle comprehended between two radii and the included arc.
- area (part of speech: noun)
region (part of speech: noun)
- regional (part of speech: adjective)
- portion (part of speech: noun)
- "A Yankee Flier in Italy", Rutherford G. Montgomery.
- "Last Enemy", Henry Beam Piper.
Over the past year, our Task Force on Private Sector Initiatives has successfully forged a working partnership involving leaders of business, labor, education, and government to address the training needs of American workers.- "State of the Union Addresses of Ronald Reagan", Ronald Reagan.