Definition of displacement:
- The act of displacing, or the state of being displaced; a putting out of place.
- The process of extracting soluble substances from organic material and the like, whereby a quantity of saturated solvent is displaced, or removed, for another quantity of the solvent.
- The quantity of anything, as water, displaced by a floating body, as by a ship, the weight of the displaced liquid being equal to that of the displacing body.
rendering, teddy, faulting, disturbance, geological fault, shimmy, duty period, transmutation, fault, rearrangement, break, shifting, excision, extirpation, move, displacement reaction, sack, movement, switching, work shift, shift key, deracination, slip, chemise, interlingual rendition, fracture, shift, supplanting, version, transformation, translation.
- "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition.", Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson.
- "Kelly Miller's History of the World War for Human Rights", Kelly Miller.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.