Definition of matrix:
- A rectangular arrangement of symbols in rows and columns. The symbols may express quantities or operations.
- Hence, that which gives form or origin to anything
- The cavity in which anything is formed, and which gives it shape; a die; a mold, as for the face of a type.
- The earthy or stony substance in which metallic ores or crystallized minerals are found; the gangue.
- The five simple colors, black, white, blue, red, and yellow, of which all the rest are composed.
- The lifeless portion of tissue, either animal or vegetable, situated between the cells; the intercellular substance.
- The womb.
countdown, environment, fat, ground substance, haematite, algorithm, connective tissue, hematite, calculation, situation, average, computational, binomial, accelerated graphics port, state of affairs, form, algorithm, surface, alabaster, flesh, auxiliary device, ADC, event, approximation, conditions, accelerator card, articulation, pigment, igneous, A drive, mucus, basalt, intercellular substance, arrangement, base hardware, bridgeware, abacus, mucous membrane, position, melanin, context, mold, bus, climate, chronology, column, back end, adipose, cast, flint, coloration, deviation, configuration, crystal, background, decimal place, chalk, argyle, check, circumstance, hyaloplasm, AGP, tissue, feldspar, felspar, array, arabesque.
- "The Online World", Odd de Presno.
At present the want of any permanent supply of water prevents the natives from working for more than a few days during the year, whilst the rains are heavy, and they can readily obtain sufficient force of water for the washing of the ore from its matrix.- "The Khasis", P. R. T. Gurdon.
" I wish I could," she answered, smiling, " for then my dream might have been true, and you might have been that knight whose brass is lost," and she pointed to an empty matrix alongside that of the great Plantagenet lady.- "Love Eternal", H. Rider Haggard.