Definition of compromise:
- An agreement between persons having a dispute, to settle their differences by mutual concessions; an arrangement of differences in a dispute.
- To arrange and settle differences by mutual agreement; to agree; to pledge or engage; to put to hazard by some previous act not to be recalled, as to compromise the honour of a nation.
heuristics, overcome, cheat, work out, solution, get your hands dirty, chance, cope, handle, jeopardize, gamble, answer, bargaining, insinuate yourself (into something), pack, arrangement, via media, copy, fake, way out, fix, understanding, shrug off, remedy, cure, manage, hustle, dare, live dangerously, throw/cast caution to the wind(s), falsify, medium, be caught with your hand in the cookie jar, venture, run the risk (of something), risk, carry off, adventure, safety, hazard, agreement, give-and-take, process of elimination, agree, get through, composition, resolution, surmount.
- compromise (part of speech: verb)
- mediation (part of speech: noun)
- mediate (part of speech: verb)
- "A Fool There Was", Porter Emerson Browne.
- "Major Barbara", George Bernard Shaw.
- "Our War with Spain for Cuba's Freedom", Trumbull White.