Definition of inferior :
1. A person lower in station, rank, intellect, etc., than another.
2. Below the horizon; as, the inferior part of a meridian.
3. Junior or subordinate in rank; as, an inferior officer.
4. Lower in place, rank, excellence, etc.; less important or valuable; subordinate; underneath; beneath.
5. Nearer the sun than the earth is; as, the inferior or interior planets; an inferior conjunction of Mercury or Venus.
6. On the side of a flower which is next the bract; anterior.
7. Poor or mediocre; as, an inferior quality of goods.
8. Situated below some other organ; - said of a calyx when free from the ovary, and therefore below it, or of an ovary with an adherent and therefore inferior calyx.
chintzy, bottom, scrubby, utility, deplorable, mediocre, outclassed, tawdry, subscript, low, minor, better, minor-league, cheapjack, base, cardboard, petty, second-rate, execrable, indifferent, sleazy, common, less, junior-grade, over, punk, middle-level, ropey, modest, substandard, miserable, bum, mean, shoddy, third-rate, ropy, flimsy, scrawny, coarsened, utility-grade, commercial, stunted, lower, cheesy, lowly, nonstandard, lacking, second-class, crummy, smalltime, low-level, low-quality, low-grade, cheap, secondary, shabby, lower-ranking, woeful, coarse, tinny, wanting, small
bad (part of speech: adjective)
inadequate, wrong, unfavorable, invalid, unsound, detrimental, arrant, irremediable, displeasing, bad, poor, black, faulty, baneful, unsatisfactory, vile, wretched, defective, unpleasant, inadvisable, ill-suited
servile (part of speech: adjective)
curtsying, yielding, acquiescent, browbeaten, subordinate, feudal, humble, devoted, slavish, downtrodden, subjected, complaisant, genuflecting, deferential, attending, kowtowing, groveling, obedient, servile, submissive, menial, docile, subservient, biddable, dutiful, willing
unacceptable (part of speech: adjective)
inferior (part of speech: noun)
dud, second banana, nonstarter, flop, below, reject, lemon, failure, under, subject, underachiever, subaltern, second, underling, junior, also-ran, has-been, born loser, second fiddle, underdog, turkey, lesser, dependent, loser
- And here again we must guard ourselves from thinking that inferior force- inferior in number or inferior in quality- has no chance against a superior. - "Lessons of the war with Spain and other articles", Alfred T. Mahan.
- She was something to be won, something playing an inferior and retreating part. - "The Passionate Friends", Herbert George Wells.
- The great sheiks paid me a visit, together with many of inferior rank. - "Ismailia", Samuel W. Baker.