Definition of inferior:
- A person lower in station, rank, intellect, etc., than another.
- Below the horizon; as, the inferior part of a meridian.
- Junior or subordinate in rank; as, an inferior officer.
- Lower in place, rank, excellence, etc.; less important or valuable; subordinate; underneath; beneath.
- Nearer the sun than the earth is; as, the inferior or interior planets; an inferior conjunction of Mercury or Venus.
- On the side of a flower which is next the bract; anterior.
- Poor or mediocre; as, an inferior quality of goods.
- Situated below some other organ; - said of a calyx when free from the ovary, and therefore below it, or of an ovary with an adherent and therefore inferior calyx.
junior-grade, low-level, utility, tawdry, minor-league, ropy, common, nonstandard, cheapjack, outclassed, lacking, secondary, deficient, less, cheap, shabby, tinny, chintzy, cheesy, second-class, low-quality, mean, second-rate, subordinate, minor, mediocre, crummy, subscript, sleazy, low, lowly, petty, poor, over, miserable, third-rate, shoddy, lower-ranking, woeful, bad, small, lower, subaltern, commercial, wretched, indifferent, base, flimsy, humble, modest, bottom, ropey, bum, punk, wanting, utility-grade, scrawny, stunted, deplorable, cardboard, low-grade, junior, coarse, execrable, substandard, scrubby, smalltime, better, coarsened, middle-level.
- bad (part of speech: adjective)
- servile (part of speech: adjective)
- unacceptable (part of speech: adjective)
- inferior (part of speech: noun)
- "Lessons of the war with Spain and other articles", Alfred T. Mahan.
- "The Passionate Friends", Herbert George Wells.
- "Ismailia", Samuel W. Baker.